Monday, November 01, 2004

And so it begins anew.

The year has passed, and I am taking another shot at doing this novel, now that schoolwork is out of the way. I have a small scrap left over from last year, but I'll just leave that out of the final word count (it needs to be heavily revised either way), and there we are with the tried and failed novel idea: Shadow's Rising.

The plot concept is unchanged - Here's the blurb:

"For almost a thousand yeas, the continent of Atharellia has lived in a period of peace, quiet and tranquility. Apart from occasional, minor struggles and skirmishes between rivaling nobles, there has been no true war since Baltazar, the last of the Half-Daemon brood, Mage-King of the Isles of Blood, was slain in his physical form and his spirit banished to the nether pits. But his forces were not completely removed from the face of Kerran: One single focus, a relic of his reign, remains on the world, the force controlling it bound inside it when Baltazar was defeated. It was imprisoned for a whole millennium. And now, it begins to stir..."

We have an embittered mage who was cast out of the magical academy for unsuitable experiments, who is just about to try herself at demonology.

Oh, and I've finally got an idea for the end. But spoilers aren't nice, plus I don't really know myself how to put that idea into action, so I'll just leave it unwritten now.

Tonight, I'll publish the first excerpt that I've written.

1 Comments:

Blogger EuroYank - Virginia Hoge said...

cool and mind blowing... one of my favorites

1:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home